In an effort to keep the membership more informed, I will be reporting to you monthly on
the important issues that are discussed at Board meetings. If you have any comments
or questions, please let me know
and I will either answer you to the best of my ability or find someone who can.
The Board includes Patty VanWagner (President), Dave Rogers (Vice-President),
Annette Bailes (Treasurer), Jenny Bygland (Secretary), Kay Cummings (Website & Communications),
Ashley Wiser (Facilities), Noel Klump (Tickets & Program), Becca Gomes (Marketing & PR),
and Jeanette Wanner (Social/Auxiliary).
- Welcome to our newly elected Rainier Chorale Board members whose terms begin July 1,
2011. They include Jenny Bygland, Patty VanWagner, and Jeanette Wanner. The Board
will meet next month to decide on officers and assignments for the new season.
Results will be published at that time.
- The next set of concerts for the Chorale is on June 11 and 12. A special thank you
is extended to the soloists and ensembles have been practicing early on Tuesday
nights. The Broadway-themed music will be familiar to the audience and might result
in dancing feet or humming along. Noel arranged for three gift baskets to be given
away and tickets have been given to each member. We anticipate a great response.
- The Saturday rehearsal on May 7 was a big hit because of the great potluck dinner
and Annual Business Meeting that followed. Thanks to all the good cooks who prepared
food to share! Thanks to Brian who let us into the building and to all those who
helped with setting up tables and chairs.
- Volunteers are needed for two hour shifts at Cornucopia Days. The Chorale will be
sharing responsibilities at the booth with Rainier Youth Choirs. Their concert on
May 21 was an absolute gem! We are so proud of these young people and their
commitment to performing wonderful music.
- Stellar music scholarship applicants will be interviewed soon. The field of applicants
includes students at local high schools and colleges. Recipients are eagerly looking
forward to the selection process and getting the results: a $1,000 donation toward
their tuition costs.
- Rae Colborne and his wife are hosting the after-concert party on June 12.
Watch for more information, maps, and a sign-up list.
- Finally, thank you to all the Board members who willingly gave of their time
and talents this year. It was a pleasure to work with you, Ron, Julie, and Terry.
- Chorale board members donate their time behind the scenes with your best interests
at heart. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.